Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Slacking off again...

...not from creating, but just from posting. I'm pretty good at getting things made these days, but since I do most of my creating at night, the light is horrible for pictures by the time I'm done. So, then I postpone it until "later", but when I sit down at my desk the following afternoon (dang work interfering with my hobby, LOL!), I start playing with my toys again.

It doesn't help that my ancient laptop takes forever to upload pics from my camera either, but I could make excuses forever. Instead, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and post some pure pics, unadulterated (ie. Photoshopped) in any way and missing any watermark. Perhaps I'll edit these posts later, but somehow I doubt it :)

Today, I'm sharing the card I made for DD's Grade One teacher who is moving back to Edmonton. She will be sorely missed at the school as she was a wonderful teacher and ran (it seems) most of the sports clubs they had going.


The main image is Teacher Anya from The Greeting Farm. I love this stamp company and own (ahem...cough...clears throat) most of their images. They are just so fun and a joy to colour with any medium. I used my Copic markers on this one (I know, *there's* a surprise, LOL!) She's been "cut out" using my circle Nestabilities and matted with both the circles and the scalloped circles. The "inspire" comes from Stampin' Up's Define Your Life and I thought it a fitting tribute to a great teacher. I've used SU's large oval punch (think that's what it's called) and the SU Tab Punch.

Colourwise, the card base is SU Real Red, and the mats are Glorious Green and the new (and textured Dusty Durango). The Tab Punch is also Dusty Durango, but sponged with Dusty Durango ink to darken it and bring out the texture a little more.

Other than that, all I've used is some Crystal Effects (SU) on the apple. Inside, although I forgot to take a pic, I've stamped the apple from Tart n' Tangy (SU) and the big THANKS from Thanks for Everything.

Goodbye Ms. Adante...you will be sorely missed!

No comments: