Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An SU! card...

It is with a bit of a heavy heart that I post an SU! card. My demoship is about to lapse and, although I was going to place that required order before month-end, Stampin' Up has gone a bit too "Big Brother" on me (I won't bother going into details, as I'm sure the news is out there if you look hard enough).

I have never advertised the fact that I am an SU! demo, I don't run classes, I don't have workshops. I *do*, however, salivate publicly about their awesome cardstock and matching colours and I *do* greatly appreciate that they allow me to call myself a demo and get a discount so long as I spend a minimum amount of my craft funds with them. I have a couple of friends that place the occasional order from me, but that's it.

I am not on a design team (nor do I expect to be on one any time in the near future), but as you can tell from my *personal* blog, I do like other things...many other things. I also consider myself a very thankful person and feel that I need to give credit where credit is due. To this extent, I feel it shows my appreciation when I can not only provide the info on the products I've used, but where I have bought them (especially noting stellar customer service. I worked in the retail sector for a long time and it was a rarity indeed to get written acknowledgement of a job well done, but when you did, it went a long way...). I also like to hyperlink...therein lies "the rub" as they say.



Anyways, although I own a great many SU! stamps, this is one little gem that I missed out on, but managed to get a few images from my pals (thanks Kristina) on the Canadian Express Image Swap on SCS. It's called Woodland Cottage and reminds me of quite a few of the country homes I saw while back in Ireland.

The card itself is Always Artichoke and I've used Basic Black to mat the image. The DP is from an old stack, so I'm guessing it's DCWV (not linking since I'm not sure ;) ) I've used the SU! Word Window punch to punch out the Doodlefactory sentiment and the tab is embellished with an big SU! eyelet. If the picture was better, you'd be able to see the Crystal Effects (again SU!) on the windows.

I still love SU! and will continue to purchase their products. I will find a current sideline who could use the occasional bit of help to meet her minimums and put her on "speed-dial".

So, now I should have more money to spend on all those other glorious toys out there...it's not all bad then!

(guess I should make a big paper order before month-end...)

3 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

What a beautiful card, I'm glad to see you were able to use this image so nicely! Good post, sums up how I feel very well. We'll have to commiserate together :-) k

Anonymous said...

Hi

Agree with your comments, and I expect that I will take the same path. (I can't really figure them out!)

I'll continue to visit to see your lovely cards.

Regards,

Anonymous said...

Lesley,

I have gone through your blog and love your cards. I am at the same point in my SU! 'career'. We moved to Calgary over the Christmas holidays and I lost my customer base. I haven't made much of an effort here, and with the 'latest developments', I am not sure I want to. As you say, there is so much else out there...
Happy Stampin'!
:-)