Wednesday, November 25, 2009

CTMH Christmas

Do you detect a theme this week? Or perhaps it's just a sense of "impending doom" in that Christmas is just over a month away. Every year, I promise I won't leave making Christmas cards until the last minute, but it's just so hard to deal with snowflakes and Santa Claus when the kids are running in from the backyard calling for popsicles, KWIM?


This uses one of the four adorable elves from CTHM's Merry Pursuits. Isn't he adorable? If you look really closely (or enlarge the image - although then you'll see just how "not perfect" my colouring is) you should be able to see the texture on the red cardstock - made using my SU Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates

I've coloured him using Copic markers - I'm most proud of the "glow" around the lights, made by simply letting the colour pool from the tip of a lighter coloured marker.







This last image is just to show the dimension on the layers and my strip of matching DSP on the inside of the card.

I originally got this image from the Cdn Image Swap thread on SCS (thanks Shanna), but loved it so much, I had to order it from my local (she lives on my street!) consultant (thanks Kristell!)

So, how are you all doing on your Christmas cards?

1 comment:

Danderella said...

Oh Lesley, this is gorgeous. I love those little elves! Great card.