Monday, March 8, 2010

Congrats on a gold medal

My daughter's school mentor is called Kaillie Humphries. She often comes in to talk to them about things like bullying, drugs, and always striving to do your best. She also won a gold medal for Canada at the Olympics in women's two-man bobsled.


A couple of weeks ago, Splitcoast Stampers had one of their Virtual Stamp Nights (which tends to run for 2 nights, LOL!) and one of the challenges was to use an Olympic sweater as your inspiration. I thought nothing would be more appropriate than to make a card for my daughter to give to Kaillie - she's hoping to get to see (and hold) the gold medal. Truthfully, I'm envious :)

The maple leaf stamps came from Michael's dollar bin some time ago and the sentiment is from a Just Rite Christmas set.

This is probably one of my favourite cards that I've ever made...and although I'm going to dread giving it away, I'm glad it's going to someone so very deserving.

No comments: