Friday, July 10, 2009

Here is Tilda in Heart Overalls (by Magnolia Stamps), an image I snagged in the Canadian Express Image Swap on Splitcoaststampers. She's been coloured using Copic markers with a bit of white Prismacolor pencil hilighting her knees, gloves and boots. The background was sponged with SU Bashful Blue ink using a handmade cloud stencil (moving and rotating it as I went).

The image has been cut out and matted using my Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies. I learned this "out of the Nesties" technique from the blog of Katharina Frei (owner of Whiff of Joy stamps) as I would never have figured this out for myself.

Card base is SU Kraft, and the DP is from an old SU sampler print pack in Real Red. The Happy Birthday sentiment is unknown, but it has been cut out and matted on a combination of SU punches. Sheer ribbon unknown, but the red ribbon is also from Stampin' Up.



I am showing the slightly opened card to show how I've "gussied up" the inside. So simple, but it just seems to finish it off.


Love this card so much that I don't want to give it away, LOL!

No comments: