Saturday, July 11, 2009

Using only Stampin' Up products

Finally thought to upload a card made with Stampin' Up images. I blame SU on this hobby (borderline obsession) with papercrafting. Alright, so quitting soccer to be a Mum plays a role as well (this is the official excuse for DH who actually got me my first invitation to an SU home gathering. He had a co-worker who asked if I'd like to get out of the house for some "grown up time"...and the rest, as they say, is history. Many years later and I am still happily puttering along as an SU demo (to support my own purchasing).



This card uses the new sets The More the Merrier (hostess) and Sweet Little Sentiments. It also uses some of SU's new In Colours for the 2009/2010 catalogue year: Bermuda Bay (the card base), textured Soft Suede (the mat that has been punched using the SU Eyelet Border Punch), and Melon Mambo (behind the sentiment and punched using 2 x the new Modern Label punch). For the first time since they introduced the "In Colors" (spelling per the SU/US way), they have also come up with a set of matching markers - YAY!!! I was able to use them to watercolour the cupcakes (scribbling an a piece of acetate and picking up the ink with my aquapainter) AND to colour directly on the sentiment stamp (allowing for the Melon Mambo focus on the word "cupcake:). This has been punched out using the Modern Label punch and popped up on dimensionals.

That lovely ribbon is also part of the "In Colour" line. It is available in all the colours and is polka-dotted on one side, plain grosgrain on the other. I only have 3 colours so far, but the other 3 will be on my next order for sure!

I added a small Melon Mambo punched "cherry" to the first cupcake. It has been slightly popped up using a rolled up mini glue dot. The only other thing I've done is paper pierced a border to frame the cupcakes and pierced a single row to "centre" the sentiment on the punch (it looked too low when stamped and punched, but needed to be placed where the little "bumps" in the punch allowed for the longer line of words)

...and that was it!

No comments: