Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to school...and back from vacation...

Alright, so I've been back from vacation (3 weeks visiting family back in Northern Ireland) since mid-August, but blogging didn't make it to the top of my priority list - gasp, the horror, I know!!!

Anyways, enough of the self-flagellation, I am back and have actually found time to create. I did bring along some images and markers, but they never made it out of the carry-on bag - even on the plane. Sometimes, when travelling with a 6 1/2 year old, a 20-month old and a 40-year old with a soccer injury, you need to make sacrifices...

So, my "big girl" started grade 2 last week. She was all anxious and worried, so I thought I'd drop a little card in her lunchbox and a chocolate treat (one of *many* that we brought back from Ireland). I'm sure I'm already on the "watch list" for the lunch programme - good thing we bought fruit this past weekend!


This card features the stamp "Off to School Sophia" from Paper Pretties. Check out their website as they have plenty of specials coming up to celebrate back to school! 25% OFF...be still my beating heart!!! (disclaimer: I didn't actually know about this special until I pulled up the page to hyperlink the text)

The image is "paper-pieced" using an old SU! designer paper pad (one of the retired hostess gifts) and coloured in using Copic markers (don't look too closely at her hair, I was trying to get it coloured in while my darling daughter kept thinking of more reasons why she shouldn't *quite* be going to sleep yet - grrr!!) I've used 2 of the Cuttlebug embossing folders (Swiss Dots and Argyle) to add texture and SU! punches to hilight the sentiment (a part of the "Off to School Sophia" set). The pencil image on the envelope (also inside the card) is from a retired SU! set called Elementary Essentials.

Pretty straightforward, but she was impressed...and that was all that mattered to me!

Hopefully, this is me fully back to blogdom as I *have* managed to get back to crafting. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder!

No comments: