Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What, no Copics???

Thought I'd try something different, or at least something I haven't done in a while. I used my SU markers (scribbled on a piece of acetate) and an Aquabrush to colour this image, the jeep from the SU set Hit the Road. I love this image as the first car I bought brand new (and likely the only car I will ever buy "brand new") was the lovely Jeep Liberty that I still drive - not that I always loved that car since it gave me plenty of grief, but I digress (and, besides, it's all good now...)

Cardstock is SU's Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip (sounds yummy, doesn't it?) and the image is stamped on some watercolour paper that I picked up at Walmart. I've sponged the edges to add a bit of depth...


The sentiment is from Hampton Arts, but I'm afraid I don't know the name of the clear set it came from. I bought it as a "grab bag" and it was from one of the unlabeled sets. It has been punched using SU's Round Label Punch and then glued on top of a punched circle. The brads (old SU and I'm too lazy to check and see if they're still current ;) ) are just there for "show".

The DP is from yet another DCWV slab (an old one...) and the border punch is Martha Stewart.

BTW, this set is still available from Stampin' Up even though it didn't make the "short list" to be included in the new catalogue. It is on what they call the "dormant list" which is really sad because it means a lot of people won't get to see it and it will likely fall out of favour and then be dropped (aka retired) by the time the next catalogue rolls around :(

1 comment:

HappyCrafter said...

what a cute card! I hadn't thought of using my SU markers that way, but I do know it isn't easy to get such smooth results using ink and aquapainters, great job!!